Coronavirus Mobile Testing
Mobile Testing Unit locations
An important part of minimizing and managing any future spread of Covid-19 is the speed at which people can be tested and isolation measures put in place, should an outbreak occur. The mobile testing unit is now available at locations across the county. Please see this week’s locations below.
Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 can have a test. You must book a test in advance. Please do not turn up to one of the locations without booking – anyone without a booking risks being turned away.
To book a test or for more information on testing, go to the NHS website or call 119.
This week’s locations:
These dates are subject to change. Please check the GCC website for changes.
Mobile testing unit locations
Friday 18 Sept
Saturday 19 Sept
Sunday 20 Sept
Monday 21 Sept
Tuesday 22 Sept
Wednesday 23 Sept
Thursday 24 Sept
Friday 25 Sept
Saturday 26 Sept
Sunday 27 Sept
Monday 28 Sept
Stow Rugby Football Club, Oddington Road, Stow, GL54 1JJ
Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7 6JS
University Of Gloucestershire, Entrance 3, Park Campus, The Park, Cheltenham, GL50 2RH
Cheltenham North RFC, Stoke Orchard Road, Bishops Cleeve, GL52 7DG
Tewkesbury RFC, Gander Lane, Tewkesbury, GL20 5PG
Cinderford RFC, Dockham Rd, Cinderford GL14 2AQ
Dursley Rugby Club, Hounds Green, Dursley GL11 6AJ
Hartpury University & Hartpury College, Gloucester GL19 3BE
Stratford Park Leisure Centre, Stratford Road, Stroud, GL5 4AH
In consideration of new Government guidance to stop non-essential contact with others, all Council meetings are postponed until further notice. This is in line with Tewkesbury Borough Council. The parish council will continue to operate remotely, though for obvious reasons some services maybe scaled back.
As ever, if you feel you need the help of a councillor, our contact details are here or in the back of the latest Topics.
Should you need any information about the virus, please refer to the NHS Coronavirus
Further information is also available from Tewkesbury Borough Council – Coronavirus Advice
Gloucestershire’s Community Help Hub – The hub now has a phone line which has been set up for those who do not have internet access. 01452 583519 The lines are open Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
Should you need local help GOWNS is available here
Here you will find information about local services during the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- 27th May 2020 – New mental health service launched for young people
- 27th May 2020 – Trial sites announced for better social distancing in town centres
- 25th May 2020 – A guide to what’s available to help you and others
- 7th May 2020 –AgeUK Gloucestershire During Covid19 we have adapted our support and we want to let local communities know that we are here to help. We have a variety of resources that we are keen to share with the communities.
- We have an information and advice line where anyone (older people and their families) with an issue can call and get free advice – 01452 422660
- We have set up a Freephone line if any older person is feeling lonely and wants a chat with one of our staff or volunteers – 0800 298 0579
- We are also running an online social group which older people can join, get and share info and ideas on staying occupied, there are quizzes and discussion groups. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gloucestershirespringboard
- We are promoting a campaign to Greet Your Street at 11am to get neighbours socializing on their doorsteps; we have posters that we can send out for households to show they are involved.
- There is also a lot of advice and information on our website: www.ageukgloucestershire.org.uk
- 7th May 2020 – Mobile Covid-19 testing site set up in county
- 7th May 2020 – Phased reopening of Household Recycling Centres. Following updated advice from government, Gloucestershire’s two largest Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) will reopen next week for pre-booked visits with strict social distancing measures in place.
- 7th May 2020 – Bulky waste collection service resumes – Tewkesbury Borough Council will start taking bookings for its bulky waste collection service from Monday 11 May.
- 30th April 2020 – Garden waste collection service resumes. Tewkesbury Borough Council’s garden waste collection service will resume from Monday 4 May.
- 26th April 2020 – Suspension of garden waste collection continues
- 16th April 2020 – Blue Badge renewal dates relaxed
- 14th April 2020 – Suspension of garden waste collection
- 8th April 2020 – Waste collections over the Easter bank holiday
- 3rd April 2020 – How GCSEs, AS & A levels will be awarded in summer 2020
- 3rd April 2020 – GCSEs, AS and A level awarding: summer 2020
- 3rd April 2020 – COVID-19 Small business grant fund
- 3rd April 2020 – Claim back Statutory Sick Pay paid to employees due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 30th March 2020 – Tewkesbury Borough Council, Environment and Waste. From today the garden waste collection service has been suspended and will not run for at least 2 weeks. A number of drivers and collection staff are unable to work due to Covid–19 which has meant the remaining workforce are focussing on the main waste services. This is not a decision we take lightly and we have managed to collect for as long as we could, even when other councils had stopped their garden waste collections.
- 24th March 2020 – Inline with the Prime Minister’s direction of 23rd March the childrens playground and sports equipment have been closed until further notice. This is as a health and safety precaution due to the Coronavirus – Covid 19.
- 20th March 2020 – Freeman field remains open, though you are reminded to maintain a minimum of 2m / 6ft separation when exercising.
- 20th March 2020 – Newspaper Deliveries. Graham Lewis from Woodmancote is willing to deliver newspapers to Gotherington to anyone who wants them. You can pay remotely over the phone using your debit card at the end of the month. Telephone Number 01242 672945