Details of village sports and services can be seen below or on the right hand side. At present the page is focused on restarting sport as Coronavirus restrictions are slowly lifted.
|Use of Freeman Field for walking||Open|
|Use of Playground||Open|
|Use of the Roller||Closed|
|Use of the Cricket Nets||Closed|
|Pilates & Fitness||Closed|
|Use of Freeman Field for ECB Step 4 Cricket||Closed|
|Use of Freeman Field for Group Sport||Closed|
|Use of the Pétanque Piste||Closed|
|Use of Exercise Equipment||Closed|
|Use of the Rex Rhodes Building||Closed|
|Use of the Pavilion||Closed|
As of Monday 8th June Tennis will be charged at £4 / hour / court. This fee will apply to all adult bookings including anyone who was a member of the Tennis Club. Under 18’s are allowed to play without cost, though they must still be booked via Hallmaster.
As of Friday 15th May the Tennis courts are OPEN, subject to the rules below.
From Wednesday 13th May the government has changed the legislation to allow some sports to restart. The Parish Council are working through the required changes to ensure any risks are minimized. The first sport to restart will be Tennis. As part of the changes there are a number of new requirements which must be followed.
- You should only play with people from your own household; or with one other person from outside your household (singles only) whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Use of the courts will only be allowed by booking via Hallmaster. No casual play is allowed. This is to support contact tracing should this be needed.
- A 15 minute buffer period will be inserted into Hallmaster to reduce the likelihood of playing groups meeting.
- Tennis balls; players should mark there own and should not handle any from different households.
- Benches; these will not be available for use.
- Net winders; these will not be available for use.
- Court Access Gate; this will be left open to avoid the need to touch the handle.
- No access to the Pavilion or any other Parish Council buildings is allowed.
- Should there be any local spike in cases or should government guidance change, the courts may be closed at short notice.
- All players must consider their own and other people’s health and safety and maintain high standards of personal hygiene. This includes using hand sanitizer immediately before and after using the courts.
- Further information from the LTA can be found here.